/ /

Nudists Go Social With Skinbook Again!

Social Network - Skinbook Goes Back Online:
Skinbook, the naturist social network is back online but is it the real deal and is it legal? Two months ago, Skinbook was resurrected from the dead by an Australian nudist named Dario Western.
This all went downhill in September of 2010, when Skinbook's social platform, Ning, altered its terms and conditions prohibiting nudity. Now Skinbook is back on Ning using a former logo of the original SB that duplicated both the typeface and color scheme that facebook itself adopts, while adding a twistno nudity, distinct possession and more seasoned moderators.
For those of you who were fans of Skinbook, you may still have an unpleasant taste in your mouth when saying the name Skinbook. Most of this may be caused by an email that went out to all its members back on September 12, 2010 from the site's primary creator, Karl Maddox.
Naturist Social Network Skinbook
It is with much regret that I have come to the conclusion to bring Skinbook to an ending.
After all the effort (and money) we have put into saving the Skinbook network; the whining, negativity, mistreatment and general lack of support we have recieved from our users has been quite frankly, disgusting I 'm no longer prepared to supply the Skinbook network to any members past or present.
As much as we have tried over the past couple of years to bring together the naturist community and give the naturist lifestyle a favorable public image, the treatment of my team here at Skinbook has eventually made it clear (to myself at least) why this lifestyle is both fragmented from within and ostracized from without. What you take this to mean is up to you to suppose independently.
All the best in your quests to find unity within your preferred lifestyle you need it!
Karl Maddocks
For the purpose of legal issues we would like to make clear that we retain all rights to the Skinbook name, logo and any other associated media."
The revival of Skinbook "The Facebook of Naturism"
Over a year has passed since the shutdown of Skinbook, leaving nothing in it's location other than a regular maintenance page on Skinbook.ning.com as well as theskinbook.net; nevertheless, a awesome website just emerged constructed by a supporter of Skinbook, who expects to keep its name alive and well.
Even while Karl clearly states in his letter that he maintains the rights to the Skinbook name and logo, this new founder, Dario, feels it is fine to restore the social network even while he was unable to locate Karl while maintaining a Facebook group and Flickr account under the identity of Skinbook.
"I thought I'd let you all know that I Have taken it upon myself to animate the primary Skinbook network, seeing as I already admin it on Flickr and Facebook equally.
I attempted to track down Karl Maddocks to let him know, but couldn't locate him anywhere. Anyway, I gather that he's no longer a naturist or a supporter of nudism and he had probably just leave me to make of it what I 'll since the FB group has been sailing along nicely anyhow with no issues whatsoever.
With Ning, I could not use the exact URL that he used to start it, so I've set it up as: http://skinbook1.ning.com"
Dario freely compares the new Skinbook Social Network to both the old and True Nudists in a forum. He says that Ning supplies the user with better profile layout and skin options for special customization. Not only did Ning ban nudity but additionally they tacked on added prices for platform users. Dario considers these prices in his personal assessment between the two networks.
I was a bit cross too, but looking at it with more hindsight, I realise that there's no such thing as "Something For Nothing" and "No Such Thing As A Free Lunch". You need quality, you want course, you desire to ring social changes - you gotta pay your dues for it!
Do I view myself in competition with TN by doing this? Well, no, not really. Individuals have a choice regarding where they would like to meet others and if they like it they are going to join (or re join if they were former members). I enjoy and respect this site and what TT1 is doing to keep it in good order. It's hard work running a web community, but I think if one's heart is in the proper position and you stick to it and give it what you've got the rewards are there.
I usually do not know Karl Maddocks in real life, but I think he did need to have a bit of stability and